Search This Blog

Followers

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Work to live or Live to work

I am not good at writing in English. Even though I wrote something, I always kept writing like a routine. It is sort of funny. Probably some day, when I read my blog, I would find it's nonsense. Anyway, I want to keep doing it. :-) Please do not laugh at me. :-p

We talked about a topic last week----Work to live or live to work.

This is a pretty common topic in our daily lives. I believe that most of us may say we work to live, but lots of us probably don't have time to give ourselves relaxing time or have many excuses to give up spending holidays. That's not the way "work to live" like, that's pretty like "live to work" . People just like a machine for working. I am sure that everyone has a maximum limit. If limit is overtaken, people would extremely fatigued. So people need time to relax. Just give yourselves a few days without stress, without work, without noisy things.

According to the estimated number of vacation days Americans failed to take in Philadelphia in 2007 , we know that 438 million unused vacation days are worth about $60 billion. About 75 percent of the work force gets paid vacation---an average of 14 days, plus whatever holidays employers grant under labor agreements or by fiat. Psychologists, demographers and others say we pass over time off for many reasons-----everything from an entrenched Puritan work ethic, to fear of being seen as reckless slackers relaxing while the economy burns, to simply squirreling away time for days when we're stuck at home awaiting a repair call. That's true, I agree, and most of people agree.

In addition, Real relaxing can reduce the number of dying of heart attacks. People want to get a good live condition, then working hard. However, many of them less think about their bodies. They are doing a wrong way to achieve their real aims, live to work rather than work to live. Everyone only has one body, if it works out, it could not work well any more. Therefore, please do not ignore your body, and try to work for a better living status.

2 comments:

OUWxGuesser said...

My motto is work hard, play hard, and to have fun while working.

Unknown said...

Wow, you really know how to keep a proper balance between work and rest.Good for you!