Search This Blog

Followers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

China's Labor Day is May 1.

One of my friends just got married on May 1. I virtually hope i could congratulate him on the marriage in person, but it is hard for me now. May 1 is the Labor Day of China. People have three days off. (It was a week off in the past few years. It just modified the last year, and it is put in practice from this year.) Generally we take a short vacation on this holidays, or we return home to spend that time with parents. Time flies. I have been here for more than a year. I miss my parents , my parents-in-law and my little brother so much. Even though we can see each other online by camera sometimes, I can't stop missing them all. I hope we could find a time and go back to China for a vacation next year. However I guess May 1 couldn't be the appropriate time. :-)

No comments: