Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gardening class

The weather is getting good and it's time for planting. Yesterday I had a gardening class. In the class, all of the materials were prepared by the teachers, including seeds, specific soil and flowerpots. Before planting, a professional gardening teacher taught us some knowledge of planting and taking care of vegetable. I was aware of that different seeds had different rules to be sowed. Watering is not that easy as i thought before. About how to keep soil moist really have a knack. I didn't know if i could do it well, but i would like to have a try. :-) I chose green bean and tomato seeds. Following the teacher's advise, I took two flowerpots, one I put three tomato seeds; the other one I put six green bean seeds. Due to the differences of different plants, we need to sow different seeds in different deep. Tomato seeds needed to be sowed in about two or three centimeters deep; green bean seeds needed a little deeper---about five centimeters. When them grow up bigger enough, they need to be transplant in a bigger flowerpot or in a garden. Our teachers want to see how those plants will grow later. Maybe i can find my classmate to take care of them for me, and later she can let those teachers and classmates to see how them grow. In addition, i can't stay here long enough to see them produce fruits. For now, I just put them near the window, so they can get some fresh air. And i also had watered them for a few times these days. I hope those seeds could grow up very well and produce fruits. :-)

No comments: