Search This Blog

Followers

Friday, January 11, 2008

Not All Beautiful Things Could Be Owned

It's getting colder. I couldn't stand cold weather, however, I need to get ready for it. North Dakota's spring is colder than winter, because strong wind always comes more frequently with snow in spring.

Snow is quite pretty.While it’s snowing, I always like standing against windows and appreciating the scenery. But I didn’t do that during the first big snowfall this winter.

I went out to help my husband to get some snowflakes for his experiment. His experiment needed some snowflakes in different shapes. We took two pieces of slice with some liquid medicine to get snowflakes. It was so cold to stand in snow and wind for almost one hour. Although it was cold, I enjoyed that time so much.

While I was standing outside, the snow was falling on my down coat; I could see every snowflake in a clear shape. That was amazing. I felt that snow was made by magic. I loved it so much, but I couldn’t catch it by hand. When I tried to get it, it immediately melted. From this scene, I figured out that not all beautiful things could be owned. Maybe letting them stay where they belong to should be a better way to appreciate such wonderful things. Finally we did get some snowflakes for his experiment. But I couldn’t get one for my own.

No comments: