Search This Blog

Followers

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year

Today is the first day of the new year. I always think about my life a lot. In order to accompany with my husband, I came to US last Thanksgiving. Although I felt I didn't live my own life all the time, actually, I did. Well, I just didn't find my place in a new country during the past year. I spent too much time to think about that I shouldn't be like this. In fact, I need a goal. I couldn't work because of my VISA limitation. I can't go to a university because my English isn't good enough to pass TOEFL and GRE right now. I still need more time to increase my vocabulary and improve my English level. Hopefully, I can have rosy prospects in future. In America, many women don't work after they have babies; but in China, most of women still work even though they need to take care of their children. That's the different cultures. So I usually think about things in Chinese way, and furthermore, I have my individual way of thinking. I can't stand staying at home and doing nothing. I like busy. So my first goal is memorizing TOEFL vocabulary.

I don't like study Medicine in English, honestly. But it's my major, I need to continue studying it. It's really hard for me because of my poor English. Well, whatever, I need to do it in the coming year. I'm going to learn one of medicine subjects, pediatrics. I like this subject.

I missed the last fall camping activity last year because I was sick. I don't want to miss it this year. So I want to go camping this year and appreciate from experience. That will be awesome. I will have a lot of fun.

I am going to do more excise this year. And I also need to practice my swimming skills. I fell into a river when I went kayaking with my friends the last year. At that time, I didn't know how to swim. Although we did have much fun, I scared them so much. So I started to learn swimming from that time. I know how to swim but I am not skilled in it. Therefore, I need more practice and try to be familiar with it.

I have more things to do this year, not only these. I will try to accomplish them all. What about your resolutions? Do you have any plan for this new year?

Wish everyone in the world lucky and happy new year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My English isn't good enough.If I make any mistakes, please tell me and correct it. Thanks!