Search This Blog

Followers

Monday, January 21, 2008

Zip Code

I went to KOHL'S to go shopping with my classmate today. When I checked out, the checker asked me that "may I have your zip code?" I felt confused and, suddenly, stuck there, "Zip code? I couldn't remember the zip code, wait for a minute, I will call my husband." In fact, I knew zip code, but I suddenly forgot it. While I was calling my husband, my classmate came and asked me, "What's up?" "They need my zip code, but I can't remember." While saying that, I felt my face was burning. My classmate helped me and told him the zip code.
As a matter of fact, I rarely used the zip code, so I couldn't remember it clearly. However, at that moment, I felt very embarrassed because I found that everyone waiting in line was staring at me. It was just like I was acting. Anyway, I didn't make a big mistake this time. :-p Although, I felt uncomfortable for this scene, I learned that some stores might need your zip code when you are using your master card. (I don't know whether Visa cards have the same issue, because I haven't met this kind of thing when I use it ever since.)

2 comments:

Jimmie said...

Hi Xia,

They actually ask for your zip code for marketing research purposes (nothing to do with using your credit card). The stores want to track where their customers come from (if they are local or from out of the area). If you ever can't remember it again, you can always just tell the cashier that you don't want to give it. It is not required that you tell them. Don't feel bad about it! :)

Jimmie

OUWxGuesser said...

sometimes i have to think about the zip code too. 61107, 73021, 58201 which one is it agaiN!??!